Sunday 31st December 2023 11.30am
6.7 mile 1000ft : BM
Pre-Entry only. Limit of 450 runners. We will be changing to online entry for 2023. Entries will open from 1st November, please do not post forms from previous years.
Starting from Penistone Hill Country Park and heading towards Top Withens, the upper reaches of Ponden Clough and Stanbury Moor.
Starting from the quarry bottom on Penistone, the route heads out along the Bronte Way then just past the ruins of Middle Intake Farm it turns right down the hillside to cross the beck. Its then up the inevitably muddy climb to reach the track continuing from Back Lane. Then its left, uphill on a good track, past Upper Heights farm and continuing on to the ruins of Top Withins. Go past and round to find the footpath that then leads to the summit of Delf Hill and the trig point. Here turn sharp right and begin to descend crossing some swampy ground to re-join the outward path by a small stone bridge. Now retrace the route back towards the start. Just after you pass Middle Intake farm, bear right off the track and onto the path to take the shortest way back to the finish line on the cricket pitch.
Registration time from 9.30am
West End Cricket Club,
GR 023 363
Over 18’s only
Entry Cost £10
Teams (3) free
Bottle of Daleside Beer for all entrants
Free coffee and biscuits
Prize giving afterwards will be outside the Cricket Hut.
Extensive prize list:
First 10 men and ladies
Top 3 Vets in each age category, 40, 50, 60, 70
Top 3 U21
1st Mens and Ladies team
One prize per person.
You need to be at the prize presentation or you may miss out.
In accordance with FRA safety requirements, all runners should bring full kit, i.e. waterproof top, waterproof leggings, hat, gloves and be prepared to wear/carry it.
Paul Crabtree 07419 990366 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-entry only as there is a limit of 400 runners
- There will be no refunds and no transfers (and remember FRA rules require you to run under your own name!)
- The organisers reserve the right to reserve a small number of places for category winners from recent years.
- On the day of the race, your name will be checked against the pre-entry list and you will sign when you collect your number.
- Only registered runners may run in the race: it crosses private land with special permissions obtained
Over 18’s only
All ages are on 31st December 2023. Vet categories are that age or over.
- M Andi Jones – Salford 38.57 2008
- V40 Ian Holmes – Bingley 40.07 2008
- V50 Steve Oldfield – Bradford Airedale 44.34 2008
- V60 Jack Holt – Clayton 48.57 2008
- V70 Malcolm Coles – Valley Striders 60.00 2010
- F Hatti Archer – Dark Peak 46.19 2019
- V40 Louisa Powell-Smith – Holmfirth 49.49 2018
- V50 Pauline Munroe – Ilkley 51.51 2018
- V60 Aileen Baldwin – Stainland Lions 62.44 2013
- V70 Judith Greenwood – Stainland Lions 93.12 2018
2020 -:- No race due to COVID 19
For older results go to Woodentops Auld Lang Syne archive