Monday 31st December 2018 11.30am
6.7 mile 1000ft : BM
Pre-Entry only. Limit of 400 runners. Entries accepted from Nov 1st, using the entry form which is lower down the page.
Starting from Penistone Hill Country Park and heading towards Top Withens the upper reaches of Ponden Clough and Stanbury Moor.
Starting from the quarry bottom on Penistone, the route heads out along the Bronte Way then just past the ruins of Middle Intake Farm it turns right down the hillside to cross the beck. Its then up the inevitably muddy climb to reach the track continuing from Back Lane. Then its left, uphill on a good track, past Upper Heights farm and continuing on to the ruins of Top Withins. Go past and round to find the footpath that then leads to the summit of Delf Hill and the trig point. Here turn sharp right and begin to descend crossing some swampy ground to rejoin the outward path by a small stone bridge. Now retrace the route back towards the start. Just after you pass Middle Intake farm, bear right off the track and onto the path to take the shortest way back to the finish line on the cricket pitch.
Registration time 9.30am
West End Cricket Club,
GR 023 363
Over 18’s only
Entry Cost £7
Teams (3) free
Bottle of Daleside Beer for all entrants
Free coffee and biscuits
Prize giving afterwards at the Sun Inn, free soup and roll.
Extensive prize list:
First 10 men and ladies
Top 3 Vets in each age category, 40, 50, 60, 70
Top 3 U21
1st Mens and Ladies team
One prize per person.
You need to be at the pub or you may miss out.
In accordance with FRA safety requirements, all runners should bring full kit, i.e. waterproof top, waterproof leggings, hat, gloves and be prepared to wear/carry it.
Estelle Willis 01535 637881 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-entry only as there is a limit of 400 runners
- There will be no refunds and no transfers (and remember FRA rules require you to run under your own name!)
- The organisers reserve the right to reserve a small number of places for category winners from recent years.
- On the day of the race, your name will be checked against the pre-entry list and you will sign when you collect your number.
- Only registered runners may run in the race: it crosses private land with special permissions obtained
Cheques/Postal Orders should be made payable to Wharfedale Harriers. Cash is OK if delivered by hand, but coins tend to get lost in the post if not taped securely to a piece of card.
Over 18’s only
All ages are on 31st December 2018. Vet categories are that age or over.
Please send entry forms along with payment, cheque or postal orders to:
Wharfedale Harriers ( c/o Geoff Thompson )
15 Thornhill Road
Entry list as at 10th November. Entry is now closed. Please don’t post any more entries. We may review the entries nearer the time if we are aware of people that have dropped out.
If you do decide not to run, if you could please let us know as it may allow someone else to enter.
Queries, mistakes regarding the entry list, spellings, categories etc can be emailed to email@example.com
Do not email just to ask if your entry has been received, the list will be updated on a regular basis.
- M Andi Jones – Salford 38.57 2008
- V40 Ian Holmes – Bingley 40.07 2008
- V50 Steve Oldfield – Bradford Airedale 44.34 2008
- V60 Jack Holt – Clayton 48.57 2008
- V70 Malcolm Coles – Valley Striders 60.00 2010
- F Mary Wilkinson – Bingley 46.33 2010
- V40 Helen Berry – Holmfirth 55.00 2015
- V50 Elizabeth Tomes – Keighley & C 56.04 2008
- V60 Aileen Baldwin – Stainland Lions 62.44 2013
- V70 Judith Greenwood – Stainland Lions 100.47 2017
For older results go to Woodentops Auld Lang Syne archive