Sunday 16th December 2018 – 11.30am
Junior races 10.30am See Quarry Runs page
4.9 mile 700ft : BM
Starting from Penistone Hill Country Park heads up to the Stoop – Standing Stone via Harbour Lodge then straight back down.
Starting from the quarry bottom on Penistone, the route heads out along the track past Drop Farm where the path narrows. After a while, at the footpath sign follow the path to the right which then brings you onto the track leading to Harbour Lodge. Just before the lodge, turn right, cross the beck via the footpath abd follow the path round the edge of Harbour Lodge. Follow this past the lodge to another footpath sign where turn left. This path climbs and turns and make its way through theheather till it brings you out near the Standing Stone. Round the Stoop, then back down through the bogs till eventually you meet the track you started on at Drop Farm. Follow this down, cross the road them head up towards the finish line on the cricket pitch.
Registration time 9.30am
West End Cricket Club,
GR 023 363
Over 16’s only
Entry Cost £5
Entry on day only
Teams (3) free
Santa Hat and a Curly Wurly for all entrants
free coffee and biscuits
Prize giving afterwards at the Sun Inn, free soup and roll.
Extensive prize list:
First 10 men and ladies
Top 3 Vets in each age category, 40, 50, 60, 70
Top 3 U21
One prize per person.
You need to be there or you may miss out.
Chris Jones 07753 799386 email@example.com
- M Andi Jones – Salford 28-52 2005
- V40 Ian Holmes – Bingley 29-16 2005
- V50 Steve Jackson – Horwich 34-51 2005
- V60 Jim Shemilt – York Acorn 38-09 2007
- V70 Norman Bush – Ilkley 49-27 2013
- V80 George Arnold – Preston 77-31 2016
- U18 Alistair Brownlee – Bingley 31-09 2005
- F Olivia Walwyn – Altrincham 35-13 2007
- V40 Helen Berry – Holmfirth 39-03 2016
- V50 Gill Myers – Wharfedale 42-08 2013
- V60 Aileen Baldwin – Sainland Lions 48-51 2013
- U18 Sarah Pickering – Ilkley 39-34 2016
For older results go to Woodentops The Stoop archive