11 Miles / 17.5km S
An informal time trial over a full lap of the Keighley Worth Way footpath to be completed in runners own time.
This is a circular[ish!] footpath taking you on a route that passes in the approximate vicinity of each of the 5 Trains Stations on the Keighley and Worth Valley Steam Railway before returning you back to Oxenhope Station again. Oxenhope – Haworth – Damems – Ingrow – Keighley.
The first section of the route covers the Western side [Oakworth] of the Worth Valley before dropping down to the valley bottom and following the approximate route of the River Worth to Keighley Station. Here the route turns back to return to Oxenhope via the Eastern side [Hainworth] of the valley.
- Runners complete a lap of the Worth Way Footpath route in the fastest time possible and submit their times for inclusion in the Challenges Leader Board.
- Runners must start and finish in the Overflow Car park at Oxenhope Train Station sticking to the published Worth Way Footpath route.
- Times must be submitted to the Administrator via the online form on this website.
Submissions must include a valid link to the GPS tracked activity. Preferably Garmin Connect or Strava.
Times MUST be ELAPSED TIME ONLY. Please remember to switch off any auto start / stop functions on your GPS watch / phone / device. Anything other than a GPS validated elapsed time will not be included in leader boards.
Times will be collated & validated then published on this website. Tables / leaders will be filtered by age / gender categories.
- This is an informal challenge so all participants run entirely at their own risk.
- Please stick to approved footpath at all times. Use approved styles / gates. Close all gates behind you. Do not climb walls. Be respectful of other residents land and property around the route.
- Be sensible around livestock which may be present in fields along the route.
- Be respectful of other footpath users. These are a shared convenience and runners do not have priority of way!
|Worth Way Challenge|
Marc Sennett firstname.lastname@example.org 07811 806950.